This post explains the process of rooting the Galaxy Tab 2 P 3100 seven inch tablet from Samsung. Read more…
I am a fan of android devices. It lets us do a lot of stuffs. Just like it lets us try out the windows phone 7 look. Accept it, windows phone 7 ui seems nicer than the default android ui looks. If you think like me, this article will help you to get that nicer look on your android device.
Siri is awesome, But the people who cracked it are more Awesome, yes you heard it right, Siri has been cracked
When I first saw Apple’s Siri in action, I was incredibly amazed. It was the perfect anything can get. A Perfect Virtual assistant. You can chit chat to it, ask for suggestions, ask for weather predictions(in a weird way and it will reply with the most accurate answer) and lots more. the possibilities were endless. Now I realized the bad news, just like all other apple products, it can only be used with an apple product. That meant it will never come to any other devises unless its from apple. I was sad, so sad, that I wanted to buy one iphone. But I didn’t, not because I didn’t like Siri that much, but because I don’t quite like Iphone or any IOS devices.
But as I am writing this post about someone cracking the Siri, I am happier than ever. That means, now the technology is out there, its free from the apple’s prison. The guys from Appilidium has done it very well. Now I guess more and more people will try to accomplish the impossible, and one day it may even succeed. Yes I meant one day it may come to android/windows device.
As per the techcrunch post, the tl;dr is this.
- By connecting Siri to a local router and then dumping data as it came through, they realized that Siri was sending all of its data to a server that we’ll refer to as “Guzzoni”.
- All trafic sent to Guzzoni was sent through the HTTPS protocol. With the “S” in HTTPS standing for “Secure”, this traffic wasn’t subject to simple packet sniffing. So they had a new idea: make a fake Guzzoni server, and see what came through on the other end.
- After a good bit of ridiculously clever SSL certificate trickery, they got Siri sending commands to their fake server. With each command comes the “X-Ace-Host” string, which appears to be unique to each iPhone 4S.
- After figuring out how Apple was compressing (read: not encrypting) the data, Applidium was able to decompress it and parse out a rough sketch of exactly what was being sent (including which audio codec Apple was using), and what Siri expected in return.
The war started as soon as android started getting its publicity. I will be writing this article totally unbiased as I have both devices.
So first let me start with the googd things about iphones
- The elegant look and feel
- Millions of top notch applications to select from.
- Siri – Yes, I have to write it separately. This app is simply amazing.
- The display – Retina display is the best display available for any mobile device. It has The highest resolution.(But the display from Galaxy s2 is a close match for this one)
- Camera – One of the best mobile camera available. (Same Galaxy s2 is almost the same + it has high profile 1080p recording)
- User interface, IOS interface is simply awesome.
- The audio quality, and battery back up.
- The multi touch keyboard in iphones, nothing can even be compared to this one.
The good things about Android Phones
- The number of devices available, lots of choices.
- Samsung Galaxy s2(amoled+) has almost as good display as iphone 4s(Retina), almost better camera compared to iphone 4s ie, high profile, 1080p Video Recording & 2MP Front Camera.
- Highly customizable Operating system.
- Social networking integration with OS.
- The regular updates for the android OS makes it more updated and user friendly.
- Web and Data Speeds (Both the T-Mobile Galaxy SII (12.6 Mbps) and the Motorola Droid Bionic (11.6 Mbps) are faster compared to the AT&T iPhone 4S delivered speeds 5.3 Mbps but averaged 2.2 Mbps.)
- Multi tasking is more flexible in Android.
- Gives more control over the images and videos from the camera.
- Almost all audio/video formats are supported out of the box.
Now Comparison among the goods and bads:
- If you need to install customized os in iphone, no, you can’t just simply do it unless you are a hardcore geek and knows very deep about the iphones. but in android, its not the case, there are lots of customized ROM’s available and you can use the step by step instructions from the ROM developer(which are freely available in forums like xda-developers.com). These customized ROMS will make your phone simply awesome.
- Now the overclocking ability. Almost all the phones comes under clocked, even the iphone. So if you want to unleash the power hidden in your phone, you can do that in android devices. But in iphone, even if its jailbroken, the overclocking is still too much difficult to an average user to try it.
- The android mobiles are almost brickable. even if it is bricked you can unbrick it using some tools and tutorials(that means it never truly bricks).
- The file management in the android is somewhat better compared to the iphone. You just need to plug it into you system and drag and drop the files you would like in the device. But in iphone, you will need itunes for doing this.
- You can choose to open a particular file in different different applications in android, in iphone i guess this option is not available(at least I haven’t seen it).
- Androids office applications and organizer is no where compared to that of iphone. its just unmatchable.
- The music player is also better in iphone, with all that organizing and syncing options out of the box.
- The quality of the application in app store is also better compared to the android market.
- The mobile assistant SIRI, is one of those applications, which makes iphone is worth buying.
- Almost all android mobiles have removable batteries, while iphone cannot do so.
- Android mobiles are available in different hardwares, so if you want more CPU power or Grpahics Processor power, you can gofor those kind of mobile like Samsun Galaxy S2. HTC Sensation etc. And if you need one mobile within some budget also, you can choose a lower end mobile, like Motorola Defy which itself has a Processor better than that of IPhone 3GS.
Result: So in my opinion, Android wins the war for most of the people. The choice of available models for android makes it a winner. But not for everyone. Android is more like an open ground, on which you can build things and customize around. But IPhone is more like a closed house, on which for everything there will be a limit. If I have to choose one, I will choose android set as I like to go and build/configure stuffs. But if you are one among those people who want an elegant look and royal feel, you may go for an iphone device which will be the perfect choice for you. Iphone will never disappoint you.
Apple has done it again. A sexy performance beast. Here you can read about the latest iphone from apple Iphone 4S. This will not be a comprehensive guide for iphone 4s. Rather this post will be a quick look on the features of the new iPhone.
This iphone is equipped with one of the most powerful processor for a mobile device. A Dual Core A5 Chip. Apple says it can deliver upto 2 times the performance and 7 times the graphics compared to the previous version of iphone. Another thing to be noted is the power efficiency of this chip, giving it an excellent battery life.
IPhone 4s comes with the latest apple IOS, that is, IOS5.
Now this IOS5 has another awesome application comes out of the box, Siri. This is like a personal assistant. You can talk to it, you can ask questions, you can ask for suggestions etc. For example, you can ask it “Do I need an umbrella”? And Siri will check it there is any chances for raining and will tell you the answer accordingly. Now if you ask it “Are there any Good Italian restaurants here?” It will give you a list of Italian restaurants near to your current place. Its more like a personal assistant to you. Its like it has got a mind of its own.
Siri Video Examples:
It has got an 8 MP camera with video recording of 1080p is, full HD. One of the best camera ever in a mobile phone. The quality of the video and photos takes are just mind blowing.
Video Recording at 1080p.
It has got the best display of all phones with the highest resolution. It is called retina display and it shows the images and videos with sharp picture quality.
You cannot just point out even one bad thing in this phone. This phone has everything.
Unlocking and Jailbreaking
As it has been recently released, the unlocks and jailbreaks are not available yet. The jailbreaks and unlocks are available for iphones till iphone 4. But not iphone 4s. There may be lots of people or websites offering thr unlocks, but in my opinion don’t just blindly beleive them.If there is an unlock/jailbreak it will most probably be available for free at iphone devs blog. So don’t be fooled for any websites which offer unlocks for iphone 4S phones.
Like all iphones this version of the iphone also has applications in the apple store. You can get the applications downloaded using your apple store account. Millions of applications are there for downloading. Lots of them are free. So enjoy your iPhone.
IPhone development is the same except a few differences because of the latest advancements in the IOS. But there are lots of tutorials on how to develop an application for iphone. If you haven’t started yet, I recommend trying it for once atleast. The future is iphone and Android as of todays status. So knowing how to code applications for them will be a great advantage. You can get the tutorials from the itunes university or try googling some terms like Iphone dev secrets, iphone develpment tutorials etc.
NB: I do not tell this is a failproof method, or even this method will not brick your phone. This steps worked for my motorola DEFY, and it should work for you too.
First read the whole post as well as the first post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=16207318)(also http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=977989 – first one). and ask if you have any doubts. its better than bricking your phone after doing something you didn’t understand.
Note: I only tried it on my motorola DEFY, if you are in doubt better ask in xda-developers forum.
1. you have rooted your phone. If not root it using superoneclick
2. You have motorola drivers installed and you have RSD lite on your computer. (if not do it) – The download link is for Motorola Defy if this is not your phone you should find the ones for your particular model!
Note: Now Here I use the barebones ROM + CM& as the custom rom. If you want some other rom you should find the nandroid backup + the fixed SBF to keep the downgradability. If you are using some other rom, you just have to doanload the Tenfars recovery APK and the nandroid backup+fixed sbf. Not the following files. If you are not using the download I have given here, please make sure that you have the right pair of fixed sbf & nandroid backup.
1. turn off usb debugging in settings -> applications -> development
2. download the following files (you will get the download links from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=977989)
1. Download Tenfar recovery apk from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta…hmentid=467632
3. 3.4.2-177-5_Nand.NORDIC_DEBLUR.zip (put it in your sdcard under following location – goapkrev\backup)
3. Install the Tenfar recovery apk in you mobile
4. Open it and install recovery
5. After installation finished, select boot into recovery mode.
6. select reset to factory settings, clear cache, and then goto advanced and then clear the dalvik cache.
7. the goto restore and then select the file you have put under “goapkrev\backup” which will be “3.4.2-177-5_Nand.NORDIC_DEBLUR”(nandroid backup you chosen)
8. After restoring backup click reboot the system, make sure that you press vol up immediately after pressing power button it, otherwise you will be in bootloop. Remove battery if necessary (don’t think you will need this)
9. Now flash fixed sbf froyo with RSDLite. ie(connect the mobile to your computer and open RSD Lite then select the file “3.4.2-177-5_Fixed.NORDIC_DEBLUR.sbf” and click on start. (or use the fixed sbf of your choice)
10. After it finishes, donot restart your phone yet. Select install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Barebones-FRO-ND_156-signed.zip.
11. after it finishes, again select the same option, select cm7.1.0-RC1-jordan-signed.zip, let the install complete.
12. after it finishes, again select the same option, select Barebones-CM7_053-signed.zip, let the install complete.
13. Reboot your phone. It will take some time but will boot into you new installtion!
PS: While in boot menu, for moving up and down you can use volume up and down buttons, and for selecting something you can press the power button. And if after installation completes you don’t see a back option, you can try waiting some time, and still it doesnt’t appear you can try the back button of your phone!