How to enable the URL autocomplete in Firefox like Chrome and Opera
URL Auto Completion – This is one of those handy features in Chrome and Opera. In both of them this feature comes default. In firefox it doesn’t. Anyway we can do this by a small conifg change in firefox. There is a reason for this. Not many people are fans of this auto complete URL feature.
But if you’re a fan of this and find it useful, then you can enable that by following the steps below.
- Open your firefox.
- Type “about:config” in your address bar/ URL bar.
- Click on the “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
- Type this browser.urlbar.autoFill into the search/filter which comes just below the address bar/ URL bar.
- Double Click the first result to set it to true.
- Restart firefox.
- Enjoy the URL completion just like in Chrome/Opera.
Hope you found it useful. If any questions, feel free to ask using the comment system.