This post explains the procedure for unlocking the Airtel Huawie e1731 3g Dongle for using it with any available networks, such as Tata Docomo, Idea,Vodafone etc! The procedure is pretty straight forward.
- Open your Airtel Dash board and choose Diagnostics from the menu.
- Note down the IMEI number.
- Download this file: E173 Firmware (Download it From Here)
- Download this file: Universal master code (download here)
- Open the Universal Master code and enter your imei number over there. You will get the unlock code and flash code from this. You can use this online generator instead of downloading this Universal Master code file. See the online code generator here: http://a-zgsm.com/huawei.php. Note down the codes.
- Now open up the downloaded firmware(from step 3) and click on next until it asks for the password. Type in the unlock code over there. If it fails open up again and this time enter the flash code. It will work. Click on next and wait till it finishes.
- Click on finish and remove and re insert the airtel dongle.
Thats it, you have unlocked your device. If you have any questions or and feedbacks, please let me know!