The war started as soon as android started getting its publicity. I will be writing this article totally unbiased as I have both devices.
So first let me start with the googd things about iphones
- The elegant look and feel
- Millions of top notch applications to select from.
- Siri – Yes, I have to write it separately. This app is simply amazing.
- The display – Retina display is the best display available for any mobile device. It has The highest resolution.(But the display from Galaxy s2 is a close match for this one)
- Camera – One of the best mobile camera available. (Same Galaxy s2 is almost the same + it has high profile 1080p recording)
- User interface, IOS interface is simply awesome.
- The audio quality, and battery back up.
- The multi touch keyboard in iphones, nothing can even be compared to this one.
The good things about Android Phones
- The number of devices available, lots of choices.
- Samsung Galaxy s2(amoled+) has almost as good display as iphone 4s(Retina), almost better camera compared to iphone 4s ie, high profile, 1080p Video Recording & 2MP Front Camera.
- Highly customizable Operating system.
- Social networking integration with OS.
- The regular updates for the android OS makes it more updated and user friendly.
- Web and Data Speeds (Both the T-Mobile Galaxy SII (12.6 Mbps) and the Motorola Droid Bionic (11.6 Mbps) are faster compared to the AT&T iPhone 4S delivered speeds 5.3 Mbps but averaged 2.2 Mbps.)
- Multi tasking is more flexible in Android.
- Gives more control over the images and videos from the camera.
- Almost all audio/video formats are supported out of the box.
Now Comparison among the goods and bads:
- If you need to install customized os in iphone, no, you can’t just simply do it unless you are a hardcore geek and knows very deep about the iphones. but in android, its not the case, there are lots of customized ROM’s available and you can use the step by step instructions from the ROM developer(which are freely available in forums like xda-developers.com). These customized ROMS will make your phone simply awesome.
- Now the overclocking ability. Almost all the phones comes under clocked, even the iphone. So if you want to unleash the power hidden in your phone, you can do that in android devices. But in iphone, even if its jailbroken, the overclocking is still too much difficult to an average user to try it.
- The android mobiles are almost brickable. even if it is bricked you can unbrick it using some tools and tutorials(that means it never truly bricks).
- The file management in the android is somewhat better compared to the iphone. You just need to plug it into you system and drag and drop the files you would like in the device. But in iphone, you will need itunes for doing this.
- You can choose to open a particular file in different different applications in android, in iphone i guess this option is not available(at least I haven’t seen it).
- Androids office applications and organizer is no where compared to that of iphone. its just unmatchable.
- The music player is also better in iphone, with all that organizing and syncing options out of the box.
- The quality of the application in app store is also better compared to the android market.
- The mobile assistant SIRI, is one of those applications, which makes iphone is worth buying.
- Almost all android mobiles have removable batteries, while iphone cannot do so.
- Android mobiles are available in different hardwares, so if you want more CPU power or Grpahics Processor power, you can gofor those kind of mobile like Samsun Galaxy S2. HTC Sensation etc. And if you need one mobile within some budget also, you can choose a lower end mobile, like Motorola Defy which itself has a Processor better than that of IPhone 3GS.
Result: So in my opinion, Android wins the war for most of the people. The choice of available models for android makes it a winner. But not for everyone. Android is more like an open ground, on which you can build things and customize around. But IPhone is more like a closed house, on which for everything there will be a limit. If I have to choose one, I will choose android set as I like to go and build/configure stuffs. But if you are one among those people who want an elegant look and royal feel, you may go for an iphone device which will be the perfect choice for you. Iphone will never disappoint you.