With the farcical launch of Apples very own ‘Maps’ application that has been filled with problems including missing locations, towns completely covered with clouds leaving you unable to see a thing and even a bridge that somehow went from being straight to a road full of peaks that would give Everest a run for its money many people are calling for a return to good old Google’s application and that may just be in sight. Read more…
I have been using this traffic generator tool called iframe-x.net on one of other site for some time now. The website is supplying malware as of yesterday. I was running their code and now google has reported me that, through my website malwares are being downloaded to the users’ computer without consent.
So that means, I have to clean my site and ask google to review it again. Till then my website will be shown as malware “This site may harm your computer”. Well that’s a bad thing to happen. so if you use this service and google hasn’t notified you about this, you better remove the iframe-x code from your webpage to avoid all the complications and loose visitors.
Here is the screen shot of the message shown:
if your website is already infected, you can ask for a review at google webmaster tools section.
The war started as soon as android started getting its publicity. I will be writing this article totally unbiased as I have both devices.
So first let me start with the googd things about iphones
- The elegant look and feel
- Millions of top notch applications to select from.
- Siri – Yes, I have to write it separately. This app is simply amazing.
- The display – Retina display is the best display available for any mobile device. It has The highest resolution.(But the display from Galaxy s2 is a close match for this one)
- Camera – One of the best mobile camera available. (Same Galaxy s2 is almost the same + it has high profile 1080p recording)
- User interface, IOS interface is simply awesome.
- The audio quality, and battery back up.
- The multi touch keyboard in iphones, nothing can even be compared to this one.
The good things about Android Phones
- The number of devices available, lots of choices.
- Samsung Galaxy s2(amoled+) has almost as good display as iphone 4s(Retina), almost better camera compared to iphone 4s ie, high profile, 1080p Video Recording & 2MP Front Camera.
- Highly customizable Operating system.
- Social networking integration with OS.
- The regular updates for the android OS makes it more updated and user friendly.
- Web and Data Speeds (Both the T-Mobile Galaxy SII (12.6 Mbps) and the Motorola Droid Bionic (11.6 Mbps) are faster compared to the AT&T iPhone 4S delivered speeds 5.3 Mbps but averaged 2.2 Mbps.)
- Multi tasking is more flexible in Android.
- Gives more control over the images and videos from the camera.
- Almost all audio/video formats are supported out of the box.
Now Comparison among the goods and bads:
- If you need to install customized os in iphone, no, you can’t just simply do it unless you are a hardcore geek and knows very deep about the iphones. but in android, its not the case, there are lots of customized ROM’s available and you can use the step by step instructions from the ROM developer(which are freely available in forums like xda-developers.com). These customized ROMS will make your phone simply awesome.
- Now the overclocking ability. Almost all the phones comes under clocked, even the iphone. So if you want to unleash the power hidden in your phone, you can do that in android devices. But in iphone, even if its jailbroken, the overclocking is still too much difficult to an average user to try it.
- The android mobiles are almost brickable. even if it is bricked you can unbrick it using some tools and tutorials(that means it never truly bricks).
- The file management in the android is somewhat better compared to the iphone. You just need to plug it into you system and drag and drop the files you would like in the device. But in iphone, you will need itunes for doing this.
- You can choose to open a particular file in different different applications in android, in iphone i guess this option is not available(at least I haven’t seen it).
- Androids office applications and organizer is no where compared to that of iphone. its just unmatchable.
- The music player is also better in iphone, with all that organizing and syncing options out of the box.
- The quality of the application in app store is also better compared to the android market.
- The mobile assistant SIRI, is one of those applications, which makes iphone is worth buying.
- Almost all android mobiles have removable batteries, while iphone cannot do so.
- Android mobiles are available in different hardwares, so if you want more CPU power or Grpahics Processor power, you can gofor those kind of mobile like Samsun Galaxy S2. HTC Sensation etc. And if you need one mobile within some budget also, you can choose a lower end mobile, like Motorola Defy which itself has a Processor better than that of IPhone 3GS.
Result: So in my opinion, Android wins the war for most of the people. The choice of available models for android makes it a winner. But not for everyone. Android is more like an open ground, on which you can build things and customize around. But IPhone is more like a closed house, on which for everything there will be a limit. If I have to choose one, I will choose android set as I like to go and build/configure stuffs. But if you are one among those people who want an elegant look and royal feel, you may go for an iphone device which will be the perfect choice for you. Iphone will never disappoint you.
The button code,
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> <iframe allowTransparency='true' expr:src='"http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=" + data:post.url + "&layout=standard&show_faces=false&width=100&action=like&font=arial&colorscheme=light"' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' style='border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:40px;'/> </b:if>
where to add it ?
Log into your blogger account, then go to Layout >> Edit Html.
Before doing any thing you must check Expand Widget Templates box.
And find the next Code
And after it, paste your button code
What, If you didn’t find the code above in your template, The try to find the following,
And paste the button code Before it.
click Save Template and you are done.
in the above code you can customize 3 parts. and i’ve colored them to make it easy for you to recognize,
in the above code change the following parts,
- like this part controls the verb that appear on your button, keep it as you see or change it to recommend if you want.
- arial this part controls the font type, keep it or change it to one of the following,lucida+grande
- light this part controls your button color theme, and you have three options, light, evil, or dark
- Update, How to make it appear on your home page.
in the button code there are two parts you’ll need to remove to make this button appear on your home page, the first line and the last line, if you still don’t under stand, please see the following parts and delete it before pasting the code to your template,
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
</b:if> Credit: Link
This came to me as a surprise. Now google introduces virtual keyboard. Well this can be quite useful. But do we actually need this? I dont know may be. Anyway see this below screenshot!
I think google has not made it available for all the countries. Now lets here what you think about this!
Today TechCrunch reported that google is giving it’s users a nifty addition which enables them to record all the voice calls.
Earlier this month, there were some initial reports that Google had improved on this feature with a nifty addition: the ability to record inbound Google Voice calls directly from Gmail. Now it looks like Google is rolling out the feature more broadly — we’ve polled a few people and they’re all seeing it, and there are plenty of reports on Twitter of people noticing it for the first time.